Are you in an abusive relationship? Abuse takes many forms, including control, isolation, physical, emotional, financial, sexual and verbal. Take this quick quiz* to test your relationship:
Does your partner:
- Put you down or call you names?
- Behave in ways that scare you?
- Control what you do and where you go?
- Prevent you from seeing family and friends?
- Take your money or important documents, make you ask for money or refuse to give you money?
- Call you bad parent and threaten to take away or hurt your children or pets?
- Make all the decisions?
- Destroy your property?
- Threaten to commit suicide or to kill you?
If you answered “yes” to even one of these questions, you may be in an abusive relationship. To talk to someone about your relationship, please call one of our Help Hotlines.
*Source: Arizona Coalition Against Domestic Violence
If you think your abuser may be monitoring your computer activities, be aware that a computer trail can be traced. Please exit this website and use a safer computer such as at a public library or community center. To quickly exit to a safe web site, click here.